Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Paper Crane Quest!

It is my goal this year to make 1,000 Japanese paper cranes by my wedding this October. Legend has it that if I succeed in making 1,000 cranes my wish will come true. I see no better wish to make then a happy one on your wedding day! Plus its an inexpensive way to decorate. I bought royal purple, black, and white paper (my wedding colors). The black and white paper I got is even wedding themed! I also have previously made paper cranes from when I was in the hospital and from when I was in Floral Design.

(What a fascinating way to decorate)

I originally got the idea from an episode of "Heroes" where Hiro Nakamura makes 1,000 paper cranes for his love interest Charlie and hangs them in the restaurant were she worked. It was a little more impressive when he did it because he could control time and it only took and instant...but its a labor of love none the less. lol I remember the gesture being so romantic, and really special. That's the kind of gift I want to give to my fiance on our wedding day.


(Hiro demonstrating his powers to Charlie)








After researching it a little bit I learned that making paper cranes for weddings isn't all that unusual. Its nice knowing that there are other couples around the world that don't think what I'm doing isn't completely crazy. Now to figure out how to decorate with them! I know I'm going to put some on green floral stem wire and add them into the bouquet I'm making (yes I'm doing this whole wedding pretty much DIY). I also may turn some of the larger ones into candy dishes and use them as party favors. Then of course there will be ones stacked on strings and either put on the backs of chairs or strung up somewhere else I haven't thought of yet. lol Maybe I will have a bridal crafting party and put some girls to work on figuring out how to decorate with them! ^_~


(See? I'm not the only one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment